Monday, May 30, 2011

Levanto – Albergo Primavera

After checking out some of the little towns and trails of the Cinque Terre, I took the train for a 15-minute ride back to Levanto. I arrived in a downpour, and discovered that the rain jacket I bought 7 years ago in Ireland has lost its protective powers! I warmed up with a shower and spent a few hours reading and giving my ankle a break. That evening, the hotel put on a wonderful buffet banquet for us. There were all sorts of delicious vegetables, fish, regional dishes and LOTS of wine and after dinner drinks (limoncello and something made from walnuts that were lethal!). What a feast! The picture shows Dominic taking a picture of the owner of the hotel (who was also responsible for our dinner). Even tho’ it seems that all we’ve been doing is eating and drinking since the tour began, I don’t think I’ve gained any weight because we’ve done so much walking. As advertised, Rick Steves tours are NOT sedentary!

No comments:

Post a Comment