Friday, May 13, 2011

Orvieto - San Lodovico


We started our classes today. I will spend the week painting on photographs that I brought with me already printed on fabric, blending the photographed image into my painted background until the whole resembles a painting. I would rather have worked on my own pictures of Italy but the logistics seemed too complicated. We are living and painting in a former convent, San Lodovico run by two nuns who are lovely, caring hostesses. It is a lovely building but way too may stairs! I’d hoped that my ankle would get a rest after its workout in Rome, but that is not to be. There was a gorgeous sunset tonight that I viewed from a covered veranda sort of hidden at the top of the convent- - it is full of swifts so not a good place to spend much time, but great for taking pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment